Monday 18 April 2016

weekend away

Apologies for absence but we had a weekend away to North Yorkshire, primarily for my husband and son to watch and support our favourite football team, and while they did that my daughter and I pottered around a small town where I was born and lived.
So on our travels we did another bird list which covered the whole weekend, that's travelling up, while we were there and travelling back. 
Unfortunately there was an awful lot of roadkill. It's all too common on Britain's motorways and carriageways - Pheasants, foxes, badgers, rabbits, rat, hedgehogs, Kestrels and possibly Buzzard.
The majority of the birds were fly overs, but my daughter and I walked alongside a lovely large river and waterfall with many trees around and of course there were the usual common birds around the town and hotel.
I will just list below what birds we saw altogether and only really have 1 photo of a bird.
Mute Swan
Cormorant
Grey Heron
Mallard
Coot
Canada Goose
Greylag Goose
Herring Gull
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Black Headed Gull
Pheasant
Lapwing
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Stock Dove
Carrion Crow
Jackdaw
Rook
Raven
Jay
Magpie
Blackbird
Starling
Grey Wagtail
Pied Wagtail
Dipper
Wren
Robin 
Dunnock
House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Goldfinch
Siskin
Chiffchaff
Blue Tit
Barn Swallow
Sand Martin
Buzzard
Kestrel


 The Dipper in the middle of the river. A record shot as I only had my compact digital camera with me, not my DLSR with big lens. It was fairly close to us and quite happy preening and singing on a rock. 


No comments:

Post a Comment