Wednesday 27 April 2016

butterfly

Today I saw 2 fresh looking Speckled Wood butterflies - first ones of the year that I've seen. They were fluttering around some grasses and brambles, and one landed on an earthy path. I managed to get these photos with the mobile phone.


 

Although we have had some clear sunny days, we are suffering with cold northerly winds right now. Spring has not truly and full sprung yet. There's always a little bit of fear and worry for the birds who are already nesting and feeding young chicks whether there is enough of a natural food source available for them in this weird weather. We are currently supplementing our House Sparrows, Starlings and Blackbirds with mealworms - they are clearing the feeding tables as soon as we put the mealworms out for them.
Well, I hope the weather improves soon.
Enjoy these butterflies above - just realised I've got the shadow of it on the path too !




No comments:

Post a Comment