Tuesday 2 August 2016

a long gap....but back again

Well we haven't had the best of British summer weather and when we did I was in work! Also had lots of family things going on and we've been away but I'm back now. I must admit it's been a struggle to add a daily blog so from now on I will do it when I can/when I have something to share with you all. 

So last weekend we did one last moth trap for July. It had been cooler overnight with clear skies, and a lot of dew on the grass in the morning, which resulted in fewer moths compared to a hot summer's night trapping.

Totals - 25 species, 40 individuals.

New moths for the year were...

Pebble Hook-tip 

Sallow Kitten

Small Fan-footed Wave

Barred Fruit-tree Tortrix

Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing 

All delightful to see once again and pretty common throughout the UK.

I will post another blog later/next few days from another July trapping and from our trip last week which I hope you will love.
Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment